Requisition ID: 229208
New Delhi office of Bechtel India Private Ltd offers Engineering, Procurement, Construction and support services to Bechtel projects and offices worldwide. Bechtel India Private Limited is a wholly owned Bechtel company located in Gurgaon on the outskirts of the Indian capital.
Construction function in Bechtel India provides services like constructability study, construction coordination, construction planning, project proposals activities and various other construction engineering services to its projects globally.
Bechtel India Construction function is looking for construction professionals to support the role of ‘Construction Manager – Projects’ in New Delhi office.
Construction Manager Projects (hereafter called CM) will be assigned to Bechtel India New Delhi office and will report to Manager of Construction.
The CM will be assigned to construction functional group in a managerial capacity. Responsible to lead project setup and project proposal activities on EPC, EPCM projects. Formulates and directs implementation of construction policies and programs for assigned projects. Ensures the overall administration and technical direction, coordination, and direct line responsibilities both in the field construction and office construction related activities.
The roles and responsibility include, but not limited to:
- Prepares construction execution strategy for large EPCM, EPC projects; work with industry stakeholders and prepare project contracting plan.
- Performs subcontractor assessments, crafts assessments and develops detailed project execution plan.
- Prepare project procedures, ES&H procedures, labour compliance requirements including obtaining permits and licenses.
- Prepare construction equipment strategy, equipment fleet setup, identify fleet suppliers and develops project specific construction equipment plan.
- Prepare indirects services plan for labor camps, temporary facilities, tool shops, fabrication shops, and bulk supplies.
- Participates and leads proposal preparation, project planning, and scheduling by furnishing expertise on construction methods and equipment, labor productivity guidelines, and estimates of distributable expenses and labor wage rates.
- Coordinates with the client, project management and project services in setting up required reporting procedures and formats for client and Bechtel management needs.
- Reviews construction estimates, budgets, forecasts, schedules and costs for acceptability.
- Participates in the resolution of major problems such as labor disputes, manpower staffing, material delivery and contract/subcontract administration.
- Participates in the review and/or development of functional operations and controls such as site-specific procedures.
- Prepare and approves the site organization plan including staffs, and recruits construction employees and provides guidance concerning personnel policies relating to salary, annual performance reviews, employee development and other requirements.
- Guides and supports construction project execution efforts with guidance and expertise in various construction areas including craft resources, craft utilization, personnel planning and tool/equipment usage.
Qualification / Experience requirements:
- A degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Civil Engineering.
- 20 to 25 years of construction experience on large industrial projects.
- Shall have prior experience of leadership roles like Resident Construction Manager / Site Manager on large OG&C / Petrochemical projects.
- An experience of domestic’s projects in both, in EPC contractor’s organization and EPCM or Consultant contractor’s organization and international field assignments is mandatory
- Shall have an experience of project setup activities, proposal activities – preparation of execution plans, material take-off, manpower estimate, subcontracting and labor strategies
- Excellent communications skills including experience of liaising with clients, contractors, government agencies and Sr. Management in large organizations.
- Proficient in reading drawings, interpret design, specifications and industry standards and codes.
- Proficient MS Office applications
Bechtel is a trusted engineering, construction and project management partner to industry and government. Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact. Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Bechtel serves the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. www.bechtel.com