Jr. Engineer (MEP)
Visionaire global engineering pvt. ltd. – Kolkata, West Bengal
Kolkata, West Bengal
₹2,52,000 – ₹2,64,000 a year
1. MEP Engineer has to manage to oversee the work of subordinate staff contact architects or engineer, prepare plans, details, specified and cost estimated of plumbing, heating, ventilating, air conditioning and general piping system.
2. Provide technical advice to staff designer, supervisor, inspector and contracting service provider, regarding installation and maintenance of MEP System, analyze mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing engineering problems and formulate solutions.
3. MEP Engineer has to identify problems in design, plan, manage and deliver multiple projects. plan, organize the review and evaluate the work of consultant, contractor, and others.
4. MEP Engineer has to knowledge of MS Office, AutoCAD and Project management software, prepare and deliver effective oral presentation whenever required.
5. Advise the Project Director of any technical aspects of the mechanical services that may affect construction progress, e.g. quality or snag.
Continually review the contractor’s construction schedule during the progress of site works with regards to MEP services and report to the Project Director on the same. Manage the day to day work of the MEP team.
6. In conjunction with the document controller, ensure that the filing/logging of the MEP documentation is undertaken in line with the project handbook and continually monitor the same. Advise on all issues regarding LEED and ensure that the appropriate documentation and information is provided to the appropriate authorities to obtain the LEED standard required on the project.
7. Take part in risk workshops and report any risks associated with MEP installations or general project to the Project Director. Review Contractor’s installation method statements. Review Contractor’s shop drawings against the design [tender] drawings for compliance with the design intent and return to Project Director with appropriate comments/approval within the specified contractual period (normally 10 working days).
8. Review contractor’s mechanical shop drawing in conjunction with the structural and electrical engineers to ensure engineering co-ordination and advise the Project Director accordingly. Where required prepare technical clarifications to the tendered design to suit specific on-site construction and co-ordination issues. Review Contractor’s mechanical services material proposals against specified technical performance requirements and advise the Project Director on the appropriateness of the proposals.
9. Review Contractor’s proposed subcontractor(s) associated with the engineering works from a technical standpoint. Undertake general project site observation/inspection of the mechanical services works for Contractor’s adherence to the approved shop drawings and Consultant’s specification, good working practices, and construction schedule.
10. Witness on-site piped system pressure test, air conditioning duct leakage testing and other testing that may be required during the first fix works and advise the Project Director accordingly, review of the Contractor’s proposed mechanical system testing & commissioning methods and schedule.
11. Review and comment on Contractor’s testing and commissioning results and advise the Project Director accordingly, maintain an on-going list of mechanical services defects for contractor’s remedial action.
12. Attend project, site progress and any mechanical services related technical meetings as directed by the project manager. Prepare draft site/engineer’s instructions, relating to the building mechanical services, as required and issue to the Project Manager.
Job Types: Full-time, Fresher
Salary: ₹252,000.00 to ₹264,000.00 /year
- work: 1 year (Preferred)
- total work: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)